filter funny color

TERESA

May 19, 2011
:wave: Anyone know what in balance would cause a blue-green like paste/cream texture to be on a filter after it filters for a while..I'm still having a problem with cloudy water my post on it is in the getting starting.

fc 2.2
tc 2.6
cc 0.4
ph 7.2
alka. 46
cy acid 100
copper 1.19
iron .28
nitrate 1
borate 80

Me too...the coppr had been rising and couldn't figure out why..well my system had to be replace under warranty and they sent me a new system. Well I have had it for 2 weeks and the copper level kept rising and I finally called them yesterday and ask if the system that replaced the one I had put out copper because I knew they sold some that did claiming that it help kill and keep algea out of pools..but the one I had before didn't. Well come to find out they sent me the wrong replacemnt one. I new it looked a little different but thought maybe just newer model so they are sending me the right one. But could the copper being that high becausing the filter to have that stuff on it and be keeping my water still cloudy...I've been running my filter 24/7 and still cloudy, but as long as I run the chorinator its gonna put out copper on this system until I get the new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.