Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: filter funny color

1. Back To Top    #1

filter funny color

Anyone know what in balance would cause a blue-green like paste/cream texture to be on a filter after it filters for a while..I'm still having a problem with cloudy water my post on it is in the getting starting.

fc 2.2
    tc 2.6
    cc 0.4
    ph 7.2
    alka. 46
    cy acid 100
    copper 1.19
    iron .28
    nitrate 1
    borate 80
    TERESA
    16 X 32 ABOVE GROUND RECTANGULAR POOL, SALTWATER SYSTEM, CARTRIDGE FILTER

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: filter funny color

Dead algae and/or pollen. Pollen comes in an amazing variety of colors, though usually you can't see the color because there is never enough in one place.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I haven't had any algea in it since in of beginning of April. The pool itself is clean just cloudy... could that be the couldy stuff coming out of the water on the filter...
    TERESA

4. Back To Top    #4

I guarantte you I can show you enough pollen in one place in Texas~!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wonder if it's got something to do with the iron and copper in your pool?
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Me too...the coppr had been rising and couldn't figure out why..well my system had to be replace under warranty and they sent me a new system. Well I have had it for 2 weeks and the copper level kept rising and I finally called them yesterday and ask if the system that replaced the one I had put out copper because I knew they sold some that did claiming that it help kill and keep algea out of pools..but the one I had before didn't. Well come to find out they sent me the wrong replacemnt one. I new it looked a little different but thought maybe just newer model so they are sending me the right one. But could the copper being that high becausing the filter to have that stuff on it and be keeping my water still cloudy...I've been running my filter 24/7 and still cloudy, but as long as I run the chorinator its gonna put out copper on this system until I get the new one.
    TERESA

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    I guarantte you I can show you enough pollen in one place in Texas~!
    That is the truth! There are times my white truck looks pale green!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

So, sticking with OP's post, I can't understand exactly where this is showing up.

Teresa, what do you mean, " on the filter"? Do you mean on the cartridge inside the filter?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

yes on the filter cartridge sorry didn't mean to confuse anyone...it rinses out good...
    TERESA