First Pool Numbers

Trust the Pool Calculator. Yeah, that sounds about right for your pool (post your pool size and description in your sig so others don't have to look back to see what you've got.)

Bingo on the process to shock your pool. Pool School has more detail but you have the idea.

Sorry, I'm too 1945 to even spell Android, much less understand it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bring the pH down to about 7.2. That will bring the TA down. Unless you're in a hurry you can let the pH rise back to 7.8 or so and just lower it to 7.2 each time it rises and your TA will come down. Just keep at it until your pH stays steady.

Ok well the numbers look better today (not that they were all that bad) however my CYA went from 65 yesterday after we drained some water and refilled and today it's back up to between 85-90.

Got my FC numbers up to 4 but my CC is now 0 and PH is back down to 7.8.

T/A is still high at 175 but it is coming down.

Still trying to find a good balance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
I don't see any reason why CYA should have gone up like that. That is very suggestive of testing problems.

LOL yea that wouldn't surprise me Jason! I did do the test twice this morning with the same result however I am still a noob so anything is possible.

I will try and get the PH down :) Its moving in the right direction though!

Thanks again for all the help and advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.