Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Had water delivered yesterday and it seemed OK... Today after shock, the water is Green..

PH 7.2
Hardness 70ppm
Alkalinity 50
Copper 0
Iron 0
Phosphate 300ppb

I am now at shock level..

HELP..

27'x54" Round pool

Thanks for helping.. I'm really getting ticked off now.. Pool is dark green/brown.. No pool stores open so I stopped at Walmart and purchased 2 bottles of that HTC Metal stabilizer or whatever its called .. Came home and no flow.. Open the DE canister and it is solid brown in there.. Cleaned and added the 2 bottles.. Please tell me I didn't screw up..

Assuming the water remains clear, even if heavily tinted, that is actually good. The metals are forming particles large enough to be removed by the filter. That gets the metals out of the water, so you won't need to use sequestrant constantly, or won't need to use as much.

JasonLion said:
Assuming the water remains clear, even if heavily tinted, that is actually good. The metals are forming particles large enough to be removed by the filter. That gets the metals out of the water, so you won't need to use sequestrant constantly, or won't need to use as much.

Thanks again.. What do you mean Constantly?? And is what I grabbed from Walmart good enough or should I go this morning and grab some "Sequestrant" and pour that in today also..

Thank you..

When you have a significant metal level in the water you need to add a maintenance dose of sequestrant about once a week. Hopefully, you are currently filtering out enough of the metals that you will not need to do that.

If what you got from WalMart was actually HTH Metal Control, then that is a sequestrant and should be fine for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Once again THANK YOU.. I could now see the bottom and seems to be clearing.. Maybe in a day or two it will be good.. We shall see.. Anyways, Question... Should I go ahead and take care of the other chemicals??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.