LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
Burlington, ON, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi. I need a wiring expert if anyone can help. I was moving some wiring around (having a shed built over equipment pad) and I carefully took pictures of the wiring for the gas heater and marked the wires in case I forgot something. Unfortunately, when I took the wiring off the pool pump, I marked the wires, but forgot to take a pic.

Now, I'm putting it back together, and notice there are two places to connect wires - one is marked L1 and has two electrical 'blades' to receive the connectors, the other is marked L2 and also has two 'blades'. I marked my wires T for top and B for bottom, but now I can't remember if they were on L1 or L2 or maybe both (like T on the top which is L1 and B on the bottom which is L2)

Any electrical or wiring experts have an idea?

*edit* Should have mentioned, Hayward Tri-star, 220V.

There should be a diagram on the pump. I just connected my new Superpump 230v and the hot leads went to Line 1 & Line 3. There should be a number on the white plate where the spade terminals are.

Ohm_boy, thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. Up and running like a champ now. And yes, the ground wire is also connected.

geomarq, thanks for the tip, but I couldn't see any wiring diagram on the pump label (and the owner's manual doesn't have any either). I'll have a closer look in case I missed it.

Oh, and thank God for whoever invented circuit breakers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.