Newbie Here

May 13, 2011
Hey All,
Im new to this forum but not too new to pools. Ive had a 24ft above ground for the last 8 years or so. I finally pulled the trigger and converted the pool to SWG. So far so good except for the extreme salinity spikes. One day its 3500ppm, the next day it is 7000ppm. :(

Bud
Lawrenceville, GA

The SWG has only been installed for 2 weeks. Its a Circupool RJ20. Yes the control unit is giving me those readings. I installed and wired it per the instructions and added 480 lbs of water softener salt to the pool, also per the calculations and chart with the unit. The original salt content was 6600ppm but fell to around 3800ppm within a week with the unit set to 70% production. The water is Crystal clear. I checked the water with a test strip and a pool water program that I have. The program said to add 2 lbs of shock to raise one of the chlorine levels (I cant remember which). The next day the controller showed a salt content of 7000ppm. I took a water sample to the pool store to have it tested...they said the salt content was 4800ppm. The pool store said to backflush out a couple inches of water from the pool and refill. I did that. I checked the controller when I got home from work the next day and it read 3700ppm. 4 hours later it read 7000ppm again. :?:
Any ideas? Thanks Guys.

Yep, Ive brushed it. I was really amazed how quick all the salt dissolved into the water. I dumped in 480 lbs and in 3 hours it was dissolved. I checked it again last night and the salt was at 3700ppm. I did some more reading in the owners manual. It says that the salt content displayed on the controller shows the content from the last test. It retests the salt each time the timer turns on. It is possible that the 7000ppm that I was seeing was from the previous day. I don't think I shut down the timer from the day before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.