The new Pentair EC90 EasyClean!

Jun 8, 2008
I’m contemplating between the EasyClean vs Quad DE for my 15kGal Pool. There’s not that much info available on this new filter and I cannot find a single review so I’m hesitant to pull the trigger. I was sold on the Quad until I saw the price comparison for both the filter and the BW valve. I’m just wondering if there is any specific disadvantage that would outweigh the price. From what I’ve gathered so far it’s essentially the same concept. However, there is only a one piece filter media design in the EasyClean. My first thoughts are that it would even be easier to clean (hence the name) than the Quad but what worries me is the cleaning frequency. Being a smaller filter with only one filter media, would this be sufficient? I’m trying to figure out if this filter is even large enough for my 15k pool..

On a side note, I like the idea of “over-filtering” with a Quad 60/80 for less frequency, is there any side effect to this other than upfront cost and extra DE?
Alternatively, I was also looking at possibly going with a sand filter. I hate to take this thread all over the place but I have a couple of Golden Retrievers who love to do the backstroke when I’m away at work. The dog hair just seems like it’s too much for my current DE. I have to disassemble and clean 1-2 times a month as backwashing does nothing for dog hair! To be honest, this is the whole reason I’m even shopping for a filter, other than a couple of broken grids. What would be the best filter for battling the dog hair? Keeping the dogs completely out of the pool is going to be next to impossible for at least the next 2 years so this isn’t an option.

I just received my intelliflo and figure I better get the filter now since I’m going to take a couple of angles out of the pluming on install anyway.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Easy Clean series is brand new, so we don't have any reviews yet. However they are a straightforward combination of the Clean and Clear cartridge filter with the technology in the Quad DE filters, so I expect them to be great, or at least fine.

Getting a larger filter is always better. You won't need to backwash/clean it as often and your whole system will be a little more efficient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.