Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ceramic tile damage

1. Back To Top    #1

Ceramic tile damage

My spa is finished with ceramic tile. I know it's not advisable to leave a plaster pool drained, but could I damage the spa tile by leaving it drained? I have a leak somewhere in the spa plumbing, and I'd rather not waste a bunch of water while I'm looking for the stupid leak. I don't plan on doing any really invasive digging until after Memorial Day weekend, so it'll probably remain drained for a week or so, unless I find the leak somewhere easy to fix.
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ceramic tile damage

The tile should be o.k. In the frozen north they drain pools below the tile line to prevent freeze damage from ice every winter so you should be fine.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ceramic tile damage

Thanks! I was pretty sure it'd be OK, since the tile above the waterline and below is exactly the same, but I figured I'd ask first. I'm having a Memorial Day BBQ, and to **** with the leak, the spa will be running for the party
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html