A few questions about sand filters

May 31, 2008
OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 9k gallon inground, 3/4 hp Super Pump, 1.5 " piping.

*People have recommended that I get a Pentair Sand Dollar filter, but all of them that I've seen say they are for above ground pools. Will it work for my inground?
*If they would work, what size Pentair Sand Dollar filter do I need?
*I've also been recommended the Hayward S220T. Anyone prefer one over the other and why?
*Any other suggestions besides the Hayward or Sand Dollar that would fit my setup?

Thanks!

The Sand Dollar filter is just fine with an in-ground pool. I recommend getting the largest one you can afford and have space for. The Hayward S2XX series is also fine.

Are you set on getting a sand filter? Or might you be interested in a cartridge or DE filter.

JasonLion said:
The Sand Dollar filter is just fine with an in-ground pool. I recommend getting the largest one you can afford and have space for. The Hayward S2XX series is also fine.

Are you set on getting a sand filter? Or might you be interested in a cartridge or DE filter.

Oh, not 100% set, it's just what I'm used to and I thought this would be the cheapest way to go. Should I be interested in cartridge or DE instead?

If I thought I could do cartridge or DE for the same or similar price, I would. I haven't checked pricing, but was under the impression that those options would be much more costly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.