Brand New filter pressure

G

What I was clearing my swamp I was using an old used filter I found in the garage of my new house. Cleaned as best i could with my hose it was run at 10psi, when it hi 18 or so I would clean it and it would go back to 10. Now that the swamp is gone and my water is crystal clear as well as 0 debris, I switched to my brand new filter. Fired up the pump and it reads 0?!?. I thought I did something wrong so I took it all apart and put it back together again. Still 0. So I figured maybe that is just normal. So it has been running the new filter for 3 days at 4 hours a day. Still 0. Is this normal?

mine reads 0 on low speed; only shows pressure when pump is adding water faster than it filters through the sand, and some back pressure occurs. If water is flowing, there IS pressure but just not enough to read on gauge (assuming gauge didn't break)

No the gauge still works, it has always read higher pressure when I switch from skimmer to mail drain for the intake, I did that and it rose to like 2. I don't think my pump is two stage, just on and off. So 0 is ok?

The filter pressure with a 2 HP should read at least 10 PSI as it did before. If you feel water coming out of the pool returns, then it is likely a problem with the filter gauge. Sometimes they can get clogged with something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.