Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Small Pool. Need suction cleaner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Small Pool. Need suction cleaner?

I have a 9000 gallon fiberglass pool. For the last year I have been mainly using my Pool Blaster Max to clean it and it worked great until like all of those units, mine failed. So now I am back to dragging out the hose and using the vac head to clean it.

I am considering getting an automatic cleaner but have some questions and criteria.

Pool Plumbed for options.
    My pool pad has a couple extra lines buried running to the pool that currently aren't plumbed to anything at the pad. I was told that they could be hooked up to a cleaner. I'm assuming it would be a return side cleaner since there is an extra (currently plugged) hole in the top side of my pool opposite side of another pool return.

Should i invest in having this plumbed for return side cleaning or would it be worth it for such a small pool?

Inexpensive
    My pool is small. I am young and I don't want to spend a lot of money. So i can continue to clean manually at no added expense but am exploring my options. I don't want to spend over $300.

Dependable

I just wasted $280 on a Pool Blaster Max purchased in April 2010. It is already dead and the company refuses to help me. They said, "tough luck," essentially.

I want to buy a simple, dependable effective cleaner. One that will last for years to come.

Suction vs. Return Power

I once thought it would make more sense to use the return cleaner since that would leave my skimmer freed up to skim. But then I wondered if the hose for the cleaner would be lurking on the water surface making my skimmer largely ineffective any way. By this i mean, with a small pool and one skimmer at the end, will ANY hose cause debris to collect against it rather than finding it's way into the skimmer?

Recommendations

Can someone recommend a good cleaner that will meet my needs? Should I just forget it and stick with cleaning manually?

Will I be frustrated regardless of what I buy in that price range?
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

NC KANSAS44

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Small Pool. Need suction cleaner?

Is your pool flat bottomed, or does it have a deep end?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Small Pool. Need suction cleaner?

Pool goes from 6' to approx. 3'.
    10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

NC KANSAS44