Adding CYA - Little help please

Getting everything balanced. Looks like I will need to add CYA. Test results as follows:
FC - 3
pH - 7.6
TA - 60
CYA - 20

Pool is in direct sunlight all day. Typically, I have been adding about 1/2 jug of bleach per day. After the winter, this CYA level is the lowest I have ever seen it and it seems adding CYA (especially given the direct sunlight) is needed. Still a relatively new pool owner and not having done this before, I turn to my friends at TFP for advice. What product is recommended to increase CYA, what would you recommend for the level (I saw pool school indicates 30-50 for a vinyl pool with bleach) and how should I add it? Any thoughts on where to purchase are appreciated also. I've read about the sock in front of a return or in a basket. Not to be ignorant, but what is the "sock"?

Thanks for your help!
Rob

CYA (cyanuric acid) is also called/sold as Stabilizer or Conditioner. You can buy it at most Walmarts and big box stores and pool stores.

The "sock" is just an old sock, (the kind you wear on your feet :mrgreen: :lol: ) but with NO HOLES!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.