Creaking Frame

Mar 25, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We've had our Intex Ultra 18 x 52 up a week and a half, a few days ago I noticed a creaking sound coming from the top of the metal frame. The creak comes from all sides but is more frequent on one side. Upon looking closer at that side I noticed that one of the top rails was shoved past the plastic knob thing where it goes into the t-joint so that rather than leaving a few inches is maybe half an inch away from the t-joint. I dont know for sure if this is the cause but the creak has me worried. My husband says there isnt any way the plastic thing is holding the pool up but am still worried. Anyone else have this experience?

The creaking is really worrying me. I was hoping to get an answer from someone. That's how I found his place. I just Googled Intex Ultra frame pool making creaking noises just to see if its normal and Im not alone having this problem. Sorry I couldn't be
much help :(

It doesn't look like many people are having that problem, or maybe they're just not coming here about it. If you checked everything over ond nothing looks alarming I wouldn't worry about it too much. It may be a little out of level causing the issue and it's nothing to worry about.

If you are worried about the joint coming apart, you may consider drilling a hole through the connection and placing a nut and bolt through it to reduce movement. Give it a good spray of lubricant and enjoy the pool.

A few weeks ago there were pics from a member that had severly corroded posts and headers, so do check for corrosion, but if the metal appears to be solid and you can reduce the movement of the joint, you should be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.