Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Creaking Frame

1. Back To Top    #1
    Phoenix, Arizona

Creaking Frame

We've had our Intex Ultra 18 x 52 up a week and a half, a few days ago I noticed a creaking sound coming from the top of the metal frame. The creak comes from all sides but is more frequent on one side. Upon looking closer at that side I noticed that one of the top rails was shoved past the plastic knob thing where it goes into the t-joint so that rather than leaving a few inches is maybe half an inch away from the t-joint. I dont know for sure if this is the cause but the creak has me worried. My husband says there isnt any way the plastic thing is holding the pool up but am still worried. Anyone else have this experience?
    25,000 gallon plaster dive pool, Eclipse sand filter, 1 HP Centurion pump, Baracuda G3, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mendota Heights, MN

Re: Creaking Frame

I had 1 rail like that last year, could not get it back into place. Did not hear any creaking. Checked that rail when we took it down, and it looked ok!
    Intex Ultra 18' x 52" AG 6,981 Gal.
    3 - 2'x20' solar panels
    Hayward XStream 1500 Cart Filter
    Hayward 1-1/2 HP 2-speed Superpump
    Aquabot Pool Rover
    2-Softub 300 hot tubs (yup just got one for the lake)
    TF Test Kit Doing the BBB for 7 years
    Medota Heights,Minnesota

3. Back To Top    #3

The creaking is really worrying me. I was hoping to get an answer from someone. That's how I found his place. I just Googled Intex Ultra frame pool making creaking noises just to see if its normal and Im not alone having this problem. Sorry I couldn't be
    much help

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

It doesn't look like many people are having that problem, or maybe they're just not coming here about it. If you checked everything over ond nothing looks alarming I wouldn't worry about it too much. It may be a little out of level causing the issue and it's nothing to worry about.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

If you are worried about the joint coming apart, you may consider drilling a hole through the connection and placing a nut and bolt through it to reduce movement. Give it a good spray of lubricant and enjoy the pool.

A few weeks ago there were pics from a member that had severly corroded posts and headers, so do check for corrosion, but if the metal appears to be solid and you can reduce the movement of the joint, you should be ok.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

we have a lil creaking, Iv'e noticed with the water moving around the top od the frame sways a bit. Thats happened with all our intex pools. Thats where our creaking comes from
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame