Water in the light fixture

mokabb

Jun 10, 2009
Northern Philly Burbs
This season, after some pool replastering and a long acid bath to fix the spotty job they did, I have noticed that there is water within the fixture ~2/3 way up. It's works just fine and I know that it has been on at least 30 min or longer at a time without any obvious sequela, before I noticed it.

Is this a problem if I use it? It is at least 6 years old and maybe up to 20 years.

At 2/3 of the way up, I'm surprised you didn't short the light and pop a breaker. The water line is above the socket at 2/3, which is definitely not good. I had a water seepage problem with my light and it ended up causing a short at around 1/2 full. Water was leaking in through the cord in the back, and once it shorted, the resin seal was toast. Ended up having to replace the light. I would recommend pulling the light out, and draining it. Maybe the rubber gasket needs replacing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.