Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I use Gorilla pads along with happy feet?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I use Gorilla pads along with happy feet?

I am replacing a 11 x 26 oval pool that fell down this past winter with a 12 x 24 oval. My old liner was destroyed by gravel that came up from the sand base after 12 years. I want to reuse the base since its already level. I live in the NYC area and do not have a driveway so dumping yards of sand & wheel barreling into my yard will be difficult. So I was wondering if I could use the gorilla pad topped off with the happy feet to cushion the bottom. Or would the Gorilla pads be enough to cushion the bottom?
    Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I use Gorilla pads along with happy feet?

We have the Gorilla pad - it's wonderful, comfy on the feet and strong. Also, it comes in one piece so no spliced pieces. You already have a level base? Then the GP should be fine - it is intended to be the base without another pad under or over.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes the base is level, just the gravel is starting to come up from the thinned out sand base... thanks for the reply ..

4. Back To Top    #4

Gorilla pad is very strong, nice and thick - rocks will not break through it. I would still try to pick out any larger gravel/rock items though - maybe rake your base a bit before laying it?
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!