Pool cove quick repair question/Metal coming through liner?

numberonenole

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2009
Woods of North Florida
We have had a small leak in our pool but have not been able to find it...until yesterday. It is at the bottom corner of the pool. There seems to be a metal bar and pieces of it stick up and made the small hole. You can feel about a six inch section of thin metal rod and the sand in the area seems to be gone (the liner dips down a little).

What is the best way to fix this? Is it normal for this metal piece to be there? Thanks!

Re: Metal coming through liner?

That sounds like bottom rail without the sand "cove". While you might patch the holes until the missing cove problem is resolved it will likely happen again. I believe the only practical way to fully address that is drain, remove liner (full or partial) and correct it. If your liner is of some age it may be a bit brittle and fail completely if you try to remove it. You might cripple through the season with a patch and address it later. I have seen patch kits claiming to work under water but I have not (knock on wood) ever had occassion to try one.

The last two pools I have done I went with the triangular high density foam cove. It was an added expense but it was very quick and easy to install compared to sand and has proven trouble free over 5 years for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.