Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Full test tonight, I think I'm doing good, need reassurance

1. Back To Top    #1

Full test tonight, I think I'm doing good, need reassurance

Ran a full test tonight.

FC - 2.5 (sunny today and also lots of rain in the last two days, cranked the SWG to make up ground)
    CC - 0
    pH - 7.6
    TA - 70
    CH - 210
    CYA - 60
    Temp - 84
    Salt - 2800

Other than the FC being a little low and knowing I'm going to need to add salt once it catches up the FC, do you all see anything else I should tinker with? Water looks really good and I haven't done much of anything to it in at least two weeks(thanks to everyone here). I'd take a pic but it's windy right now. Forecast is for some of the worst weather events that we've ever had in this area.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Full test tonight, I think I'm doing good, need reassura

I wouldn't change a thing....nice work!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I would raise CYA up a little to the 70 to 80 range. That isn't critical, but it will help the SWG last longer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I will work on bumping up the CYA a bit tomorrow. A little concerned though that my SWG is now reading 3400 and the chlorine level hasn't changed from 2.5 with 100% output for the last 2 hours. I had my underwater cleaner running but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with slowing down the FC production.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Raising the CYA level will make it easier for the SWG to keep up.

If you continue to have problems, you should do an overnight FC loss test (described in Pool School) to see if you have a low level algae problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Checked the FC when I got home today. It's up to 3 after running the SWG at 50% for around 5 hours. The CC checked at .5. We had some big storms last night and there was quite a bit of debris in the pool, which I assume caused the raise in CC. I turned the SWG up to 100% and will run it for 5 more hours to see where it ends up. Then I'll check it in the morning to see where it drops to. May have to shock, which I was hoping to not have to do again. Water is still very clear though.

7. Back To Top    #7

After it ran for a few more hours, FC came up to 7.5. Looking better. I think everything was just thrown off by the water fluctuations due to all of the rain and debris in the pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

I'd probably try and get that temp down about 1 degree! Other than that, I can't see a thing that hasn't already been covered!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I tend to prefer a warmer pool. 84-85 is about right for me.