Black Rubbery Strip Between Stairs & Liner Peeled Right Off

Oct 15, 2010
Today in my pool, I noticed a black rubbery thin strip that I presume was acting to prevent water from entering between the stairs and the liner peel right off on both sides of the stairs. It was a very thin black strip. Should I be concerned? I have noticed that my water level seems to have dropped slightly since yesterday despite colder weather, no heater being on, and the pump running minimally. I will perform the bucket test later this week but curious if I should be concerned about the fact that both of these black strips peeled right off.

Thanks

Re: Black Rubbery Strip Between Stairs & Liner Peeled Right

Those are the gaskets that seal the faceplate. You can try tightening the screws to seal the faceplates, but you do kind of need them to keep the seal.

Let me just ask a quick question, how large were the strips that came off? (if they were ~ 1/8" it's just the overlap that came off, if they were 1+", the entire gasket came off.)

Re: Black Rubbery Strip Between Stairs & Liner Peeled Right

They were 1/8th of an inch at most. Very thin strips, one on either side of the stairs where the vertical columns keep the liner in place. I presume then that there's an inch of this rubber seal underneath those vertical columns?

Thanks

waste said:
Those are the gaskets that seal the faceplate. You can try tightening the screws to seal the faceplates, but you do kind of need them to keep the seal.

Let me just ask a quick question, how large were the strips that came off? (if they were ~ 1/8" it's just the overlap that came off, if they were 1+", the entire gasket came off.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.