Which SWG to choose?

poboy

May 25, 2011
We'll be getting an inground pool installed in the next month or so. Looking at SWCG units now.
Pool will be Doughboy 16x24 (AG installed IG) - not sure yet on deep end, but we should end up in the 10k gallon range.

The local pool store is offering the Pentair Intellichlor for about $900. I also see references to CompuPool (CPSC 16 should be OK, right? This one is $500-600). Then there's Aquarite around $800. And then the Intex units around $200. Any others I should consider? What are pros and cons of each unit? Has anyone come across any sort of comparative review anywhere online?

I can not really help with a comparison between brands (although I think I saw a brief comparison on another pool forum ... not very helpful in my opinion).

Some people here seem to speak highly of the Hayward. I had one at my last house and going to install one at the new house. I have also read you may be better off going bigger on the system as the cells seem to last longer.

Good Luck

Welcome to TFP!

The Intex is very basic and not designed for permanently installed pools, though some people use them that way. The CompuPool has everything you really want and is very affordable. They are fairly new, so we don't have any real long term reports, but initial reviews have been very positive. The AquaRite is one of the top three or four units available. The IntelliChlor is fine, except that if you don't have a Pentair automation system you have much less control over it than you get with the CompuPool or AquaRite.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.