Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Booster Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Booster Pump

My booster pump is not working properly. The motor seems to be running just fine, however, I do not get any increased pressure at the cleaner outlet. Any suggestions?
    13,000 gal gunite/pebbletec pool/spa, pentair FNSplus DE filter, Whiperflo pumps, Jandy Aqualink/PDA, gas heater, Polaris 360, Nature2, DelZone Eclipse 1

Builder: Anthony Sylvan Charlotte, 2009

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Booster Pump

Have you checked the impeller for blockage? How about the plumbing?
    Is it tied into the main pump discharge?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It was working fine until recently, so nothing has change in the plumbing. The pool has been somewhat unattended so I am concerned about plugging.

How do you check the impeller for clogging?
    13,000 gal gunite/pebbletec pool/spa, pentair FNSplus DE filter, Whiperflo pumps, Jandy Aqualink/PDA, gas heater, Polaris 360, Nature2, DelZone Eclipse 1

Builder: Anthony Sylvan Charlotte, 2009

4. Back To Top    #4

You can disconnect the piping and run a water hose backward through the pump (in the discharge and out the suction.) Look for any debris that becomes dislodged and flushes out the suction. If that doesn't work you'll have to look into the suction end and see if there's anything in there. An inspection mirror might make it easier.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit