Liner type ?

May 31, 2010
I just bought a used 24' 52" high Aqua Leader Illusion from craigslist. The liner that was on the pool was a beaded liner. Do I have to use a beaded liner for this pool or can I go with an overlap or J-Hook? I took a quick look around the net and it seems that the overlap liners are about $100 cheaper. I wouldn't mind saving 100 bucks but the most important thing to me is easy of install and durability. I don't want to try to save a few bucks only to have to put a new liner up in 2 years.

Thanks for the help

You should be able to use an overlap liner without any problems. They are the same quality as a beaded or j hook liner. They are less expensive since they are easier to manufacture.

If cheap and easy is your goal, then overlap is the the choice. If easy with a deck or looks are a part of the decision, then you will want to go with the other options. The beaded and Jhook options have the same tiled look as the Inground pools. Overlaps do not since they are intended to be able to adjust and move around so cannot have borders.

Actually there is a unibead, beaded and tru jhook. The beaded hangs or inserts into a bead receiver. The true jhook has a firm lip type that hooks or hangs over the wall and has a coping strip to hold it on. Both types have the border like inground. The unibead luner can be used either way, the top strip is removed if you want to use with a bead receiver, left on to jhook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.