Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heads up on some good glassware

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Heads up on some good glassware

Well, plasticware.

My favorite glasses are some large pub glasses. But they're glass. We've hunted and hunted for something similar but safer, and this year - they were just sitting there in plain sight at Target! $3.99 apiece. Not available on the web, though, so hurry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Heads up on some good glassware

I'm a Tervis Tumbler double insulated plastic glass fan myself. Ordered some 16 oz. tumblers off their website with margaritaville logos too!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Eastern TN

+1 Tervis but I like their 17oz mugs. Went to order more and they have downsized to 15oz.
    Double insulation is a must in humid climates.
    New pool inground 28,000 gallons with spa.
    Hayward 3 HP and 1.5 HP pumps. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator. Auto water level. Polaris 9300xi

4. Back To Top    #4

Southern Indiana

I'm a Tervis fan also, and if they ever crack or break you can send them back for new ones. They also used to be made in the USA, but I'm not sure of that now.
    24' AG pool 14,435 gallons
    Waterway 1.5 HP pump
    19" Ecokleer sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I like tervis too... but expensive!

I saw the tumblers you found at Target Richard, but wonder if they will come down in price soon since they've had them around since Nov/Dec. I used some for Christmas gifts last year... cut vinyl image w/my Cricut and made a nice personalized gift.

That's an idea... We have some friends/family who are over a lot during the summer months. Would be fun to get them each one of those glasses and personalize it for the season. Then there's no one using 3 glasses in a day because they can't remember which was theirs. Get that way too much right now!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

6. Back To Top    #6

SW Georgia

They are expensive but make great presents for those hard to buy for.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.