I'm new to the website and i'm sure many have been in my shoes. I've previously checked the web for information on pools, found some good stuff and it would appear i've found some stuff not so good, so i'm not actually as good as i thought!
Now i've found pool school and this website i'm very happy as you all seem to know what your talking about and i'm trying to take it all in as quick as possible.
I look after a pool at the villa which is managed by the company i work for. Other then the few odd times i've never really had a bad time with Algae until recent which is partly my fault for not really knowing what i'm doing. Its certainly isn't a green swamp, but i have some large areas of green on the bottom.
I would like some clarification on the shocking procedure. I have a SWG so i was going to use bleach to shock. I understand the FC needs to be relevant to the CYA (i've just added some chemicals today to adjust the CYA and will be ready to shock so wanted to make sure i'm doing it right)
I add bleach to bring up the shock level and then it says to continue added every hour or so, is this because all the chlorine created by the bleach will be used up already? I have a taylor test kit so cannot test to high levels of chlorine, how can i tell i'm reaching the right levels without a higher tester? How much will a standard sized bottle of bleach rise the chlorine by if the pool is 13,000 or is that a impossible question to answer?
I will try to get a full set of test results tomorrow (wed 25th)
I thank you in advance and apologise for my lack of knowledge!!