CPSC48 install (mostly new reports of pool conditions)

7/1
Pool is looking great. Numbers are good. Running a slightly negative CSI according to Pool Calculator.
FC 6.5 CC<.5 TC 7.0, PH 7.6, TA 65, CH 625, Salt 4000, Borates 45? Water temperature is about 83 degrees. Had lots of rain last week. Had to drain down the pool, but all is well now.
Robie the cleaner is doing a fine job. Put him in a couple times a week. He cleans the bottom well. The advice on this site has made pool maintenance easy.

We've been having more pool parties on the weekends higher usage. And all is going well. I'm running about 8 hours at 80 percent in full sun.
I have a problem differentiating on the strips so I've ordered the drop test from Canada, they're offering a discount on shipping.

Haven't updated in a while.
Got a replacement power supply under warranty. Noticed new software installed. No more salt measurement given only Salt Low, Salt High or Salt OK. Works with the fault lights also. Overall happy with the unit and support.
Pump run time is 5 hours (1 turnover) and adjusted to 30% output.
FC 6.5 CC<.5 TC 6.5, PH 7.7, TA 85, CH 525, Salt 3100, Borates 40, Temp 70 CSI -0.03.

Pool cleaner is working well. Power supply connector that connects from power supply to robot is weak point. Plastic connector broke, need to handle gingerly. Works ok.

Water evaporation is an issue now. Cool dry nights.
May get a new filter to replace the old one. Pressure rises from 5 when clean up pretty quickly.

I stumbled upon this thread whilst searching for information about the CPSCs. We've ordered the CPSC24 and it should arrive in about 5 days.

I wanted to thank you for a great thread full of great information. It was fun to follow your "blog".

Hubby installed ours Friday night/Saturday morning. The installation went okay but we had to call the place where we ordered it. We were questioning how to remove the cell for cleaning because we could not get the cell dismantled the way that we'd read. (The directions/manual that comes with the unit is less than helpful. Your far better off finding information here and information on a different reseller's website.)

The black pieces at the bottom (the parts that fit into the pipe - I'm sorry I can't think of the name) wouldn't come out of the blue housing AND we couldn't get the two sides of the blue plastic to come apart.

The place where we got it were very helpful and talked us through it. It turned out that it does dismantle that way but was ridiculously difficult to disassemble. (My husband is a very strong guy and couldn't get them pulled out!) We had serious concerns that we would break it. Once you've done it though, the next time is easier. (I'm glad we did it before we put it on! LOL)

Thus far, we've already noticed that the temperature isn't reading correctly. I read quite a few threads about it and we're not going to worry about it. We had a different SWG that did the exact same thing. It seems to be working very well (in fact, we've now dialed it down to 30%) so I'm not anxious to stir anything up over a simple thing like the water temperature reading.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
3/15/14
Pool conditions:
FC 2, CC 0, PH 8.0 (Lowered to 7.5), TA 70, CH 500, CYA 60, Salt 3500 Temp 72
Adjusted CPSC-48 to 100% 8 hours. Have High Salt Light.

Cleaned filter is now at 6 PSI.

Running pump on High speed with the Pool Heater on.

Water looks clear. Oak tree is dropping pollen pods into the pool.

3/30/14
Got over a algae bloom using SLAM procedure. 4 days 10 gallons of chlorine ($20). I should of known when the CPSC needed to be run at 100%. D'oh.
All is looking good now. I'll be raising the CYA to 70 in a few days. We just had a heavy rain and I needed to lower the water level. Pool heater is going. Water temp is 74. Theresa likes it around 80. Should be there shortly. Weather is supposed to be nice for the next week. Pool time!

I'll be closing out this post after I get in the Replacement CPX-48. (Next Month or so?)

Thanks for reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.