Raypak 336A won't ignite

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Hi,
Hoping some can help me troubleshoot my Propane heater - Raypak 336A.

Each year when I start up my pool I have trouble getting the heater started (it's only 4 years old). But other years, keep trying and it eventually starts. This year I've tried several times and it will not start. At first, I hear a loud click (sounds like a relay), then the display goes from CFH to SPK. When it goes to SPK, I can hear a faint buzzing sound. It cycles like this for a while then the display shows ILO. I have to then re-power the heater to start again.

My propane tanks are at 22% (haven't filled yet this year) and all the valves are on. I am thinking that gas is not getting to the pilot as maybe there is a clog somewhere. I don't know how to dismantle the unit to check this out. Are there any specific parts I should try to clean out? Should I remove the pilot and check it? I am usually pretty handy and not afraid to take this thing apart if I need to. I just really don't know what to check.

I don't feel like calling the pool company if it could be something as simple as cleaning some debris. Anyone have any ideas on where to start?

Thanks

Nevermind.....I noticed there wasn't a spark at the ignitor, so I got out the schematic and found that the wire from the PC board to the ignitor wasn't making contact. When I close the pool, I always remove the PC board for the winter. Evidently, when I put the PC board back in I didn't connect that wire properly.

Oh well.....at least it was an easy fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.