Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Install Question!! ASAP

1. Back To Top    #1

Install Question!! ASAP

So we had the utility lines marked today- and the Power Line goes straight through our pool!!!! Have no idea whether they will be able to move it and if they do how much it might cost?! This may be an issue and may mess up our ENTIRE project!!! ****! HELP!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Install Question!! ASAP

I doubt that you are the first one to have this kind of issue surface. I imagine that it won't be an insurmountable problem and your PB will know what to do.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, I guess how many of you have had this issue and how long did it take to get resolved?
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

4. Back To Top    #4

Take a few deep breathes and try to relax. This kind of thing happens all the time. The line will need to be moved and it will cost what it costs. That is the way pool builds go. Sometimes you have an easy dig, and sometimes you hit stone. Sometimes utilities need to be moved. Things go quickly for a while, and then they slow down. That is just the way it is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Good luck and a speedy resolution. I pulled a good one on my wife when they checked for utilities in my back yard. All was clear, but I talked the utility guy inot leaving me some flags. When she got home.........there was a yellow flagged line right slap dab thru the middle of it. I still hear about it too!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!