Where To Go From Here - Cloudy Water

May 5, 2011
Western IL
Following all the helpful advise I've found here I think I'm in control. Here are my numbers:

FC 4
CC 0
TA 85
PH 7.3
Calcium Hardness 239
CYA 16
Total Disolved Solids 340

Except for the CYA I think this is good. (I have LOTS of trichor tabs from the previous owner and am going to use these up and since they add CYA I figure I'll watch this and stop when it gets higher)

Still, the water's a bit murky. It does clear up as stuff settles to the bottom. I've been vacuuming this up but stirring up the water, I lose sight of the deep (8') end. Improvements in water clarity are pretty slow now compared to when I started. So two questions:

1) Is it good to swim in?
2) What's the best way to make it sparkle?

I have a bottle of poly blue sheen left from the previous owner. Are there some side effects to using this or should I give it a go?

Thanks

It often takes a while for a sand filter to filter everything out of the pool and get the water sparkling. You can speed things up by letting stuff settle and then vacuuming up everything you can. One thing that might speed up the process is adding a little DE to the sand filter. See the instructions in Pool School on how to do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.