I have Hayward SP1434 returns on each side of my steps in my pool. After doing some reading it seems that these are spa returns, but I don't have a spa or an air pump. I do have a cap above each return on the edge of the pool, which I can unscrew. Am I supposed to unscrew them and let air in or do I need an air pump to get bubbles?

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a url to a vendor site, but it is only for informational purposes.

http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/sp-1434 ... lojet.aspx