My husband and I are looking to put in a 15' x 30' above ground pool and build a deck completely around it. I have some questions. We are looking to buy the matrix, but found others too. We are planning on buying Gorilla Pad, a 25 gauge liner, a sand filter and other items. We live in Charlotte, NC with a LOT of trees.
1) What size sand filter & pump? I'd like energy efficient options. I've read different things...like "don't do more than 1 1/2 hp b/c it could damage the liner"??? We are wanting to add a cleaner too eventually. And I've read that you have to watch a higher hp pump with pipe size. How do I determine pipe size? It's not listed on the pool specs I've seen. I've looked at Haywood and Pentair...but open to others.
2) Any recommendations on ag pool cleaners?
3) Can you have a slide? I've noticed people in the forum talking about slides, but I thought you can't jump or dive into an above ground pool, which to me meant you also can't have a slide. Is this true.
4) Anyone use any solar items and have any thoughts? We'd like to heat the pool, but we are fairly earth friendly and I can't see spending that money.
5) Anyone have a salt water system? Do you like it? I like the idea better, but warranty seems like a drag. Any thoughts?
I'm new to all this, so any thoughts would be helpful. THANKS! Erica