Pump runtime and dialing in SWG.

Oct 15, 2010
I live in an area that has higher electricity rates during the day. My neighbour's pool guy has mentioned that it only costs $0.04 per hour to keep the pump/filter running and recommended he keep it running all the time. I'm not convinced.

I. Was thinking of running mine between 11am to 2pm and then again from 7pm to midnight. I'm assuming the less you run the pump the more your FC will fall requiring more usage out of my SWG. That being said, whats the art or strategy in determining what % to set my swg at and for how long? Does it run on it's own once the% is set?

I also assume the super chlorinate button is for use when you have lots of people swimming where it might effect the FC levels?

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Running your pump for an hour should be somewhere around 3/4 of your cost for electricity per kwh.

The less long you run the pump the higher you need to turn up the percentage on the SWG. The total load on the SWG remains the same. The SWG runs automatically when the pump is on once you set the percentage.

The super chlorinate button turns the unit on 100% for 24 hours. It is occasionally handy when you need some extra chlorine, such as for a pool party.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.