Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Agua Genie Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Boise, Idaho

Agua Genie Help

A pool builder in my area told me not to install them, now I wish I hadn't. I have two agua genie skimmers with returns that both are having major issues. I built the inground pool in 2007 and now I have multiple lines leaking. Bad glue maybe to blame.

However, I have struggled winterizing my pool every year because of the design of the aqua genie. Also because i need to raise the water level to support my auto pool cover from the weight of the snow.

I have two aqua genie skimmers, one is leaking on suction side....the other leaking on the pressure side. I have confirmed with pressure testing, however trying to pressure test the pressue side is a pain with the front face design of the aqua genie.

Has anyone replaced the aqua genie with another brand, say hayward? I'm done with these skimmers and ready to rip up my concrete deck and replace them for good.

Any help would be appreciated.....
    Pool Specs: 18x36 Vinyl, sand filter, 1 1/2 pump, Autopilot SWG Dig 60, hayward 300k heat

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Agua Genie Help

Welcome to TFP! Sorry I can't help, but I bet some of the service guys around here can.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden