Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: recommendations for sprinker/fountain pump

1. Back To Top    #1

recommendations for sprinker/fountain pump

hey guys,

my pool fountain pump (1.5 hp) stopped working and i think i need a new one. does anyone have any recommendations on a new pump that is not terribly expensive? i need something simple that can power 3 fountains (1 inch diameter pipe on each) and propel water about a couple of feet in the air (the fountains point upwards and are about 2 inches submerged in water).

the fountain tops are also threaded. does anyone have any recommendations where i can get new fittings for their heads to make water spray patterns in the pool?

As an FYI, today, i had an older polaris booster pump (1.75hp) laying around, and i substituted that on. it mostly works, but it seems to be leaking water at that rotation thingi that comes out of the motor head (that rotation thingi goes into the part that sucks the water and pushes it out - i guess they call it the impeller). not sure if i can fix this easily, but i can try. So basically i am leaking water from the impeller housing and towards the pump motor.
    14500 gallon plaster pool (replastered in May 2009) : 32ft.L x 4ft.D x 14ft.W
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 sqft DE filter --> New filter grids as of May 2011. I use DE for them.
    Polaris 280 & Aquabot T-Jet Turbo at 2hrs/week. 20ft by 4ft solar heating panels
    Circupool RJ30 SWG set at 80% output & Pentair SuperFlo 1hp 2speed running 8 hrs/day

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: recommendations for sprinker/fountain pump

What brand is the pump? Could you post a picture of the label? It probably needs a new seal.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

here are some pictures with annotations on where it leaks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 sqft DE filter --> New filter grids as of May 2011. I use DE for them.
    Polaris 280 & Aquabot T-Jet Turbo at 2hrs/week. 20ft by 4ft solar heating panels
    Circupool RJ30 SWG set at 80% output & Pentair SuperFlo 1hp 2speed running 8 hrs/day

4. Back To Top    #4

here's the model info as well
    Attached Images Attached Images