recommendations for sprinker/fountain pump

michmike

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 11, 2011
Houston, TX, USA
hey guys,

my pool fountain pump (1.5 hp) stopped working and i think i need a new one. does anyone have any recommendations on a new pump that is not terribly expensive? i need something simple that can power 3 fountains (1 inch diameter pipe on each) and propel water about a couple of feet in the air (the fountains point upwards and are about 2 inches submerged in water).

the fountain tops are also threaded. does anyone have any recommendations where i can get new fittings for their heads to make water spray patterns in the pool? :)

As an FYI, today, i had an older polaris booster pump (1.75hp) laying around, and i substituted that on. it mostly works, but it seems to be leaking water at that rotation thingi that comes out of the motor head (that rotation thingi goes into the part that sucks the water and pushes it out - i guess they call it the impeller). not sure if i can fix this easily, but i can try. So basically i am leaking water from the impeller housing and towards the pump motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.