shocking, need help

May 22, 2011
so i opened my pool sat 5/21 water was fairly clear added 3 bags of di chor, then later 4.5 gals of bleach next morning( sunday) 0 FC

sunday added 3 more bags of di chlor and an hour later no reading.... water is very clear, at night with the pool light you can see a slight haze

ok so today i stock up on bleach..... and do my first drop test an hour after adding the amount prescribed in the pool calculater ( 6.7 gal for a CYA reading of 70 at 0 chlorine) did my first test an hour after adding and reading was 15 FC and .5 CC ( suppposed to be 28)

How am i going to be able to shock at a 28 FC if it cant hold the chlorine for even an hour? HELP

Mike

ps salt is 3300 water temp 64

17,000 gal
swg
vinyl
3 hp pump 8 returens ( i know thats crazy but...)

As you add chlorine most of it is getting used up breaking down organic debris in the pool. Once all of the organic debris in the water is broken down it will be very easy to maintain the FC level. You just need to keep adding chlorine until you finally get there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.