Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: shocking, need help

1. Back To Top    #1

shocking, need help

so i opened my pool sat 5/21 water was fairly clear added 3 bags of di chor, then later 4.5 gals of bleach next morning( sunday) 0 FC

sunday added 3 more bags of di chlor and an hour later no reading.... water is very clear, at night with the pool light you can see a slight haze

ok so today i stock up on bleach..... and do my first drop test an hour after adding the amount prescribed in the pool calculater ( 6.7 gal for a CYA reading of 70 at 0 chlorine) did my first test an hour after adding and reading was 15 FC and .5 CC ( suppposed to be 28)

How am i going to be able to shock at a 28 FC if it cant hold the chlorine for even an hour? HELP

Mike

ps salt is 3300 water temp 64

17,000 gal
    swg
    vinyl
    3 hp pump 8 returens ( i know thats crazy but...)
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: shocking, need help

The calculations are not making sense. Are you sure about the 6.7 gal? How many and what size jugs did you put in. What is the brand?
    Carlos
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool

3. Back To Top    #3

As you add chlorine most of it is getting used up breaking down organic debris in the pool. Once all of the organic debris in the water is broken down it will be very easy to maintain the FC level. You just need to keep adding chlorine until you finally get there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

carlos 7 gal 3 qts for a 0 FC read 987 oz.

thanks i will try it every hour....
    17,000 gal inground
    vinyl
    swg
    3hp 8 returns
    heat siphon heat pump