J-Bead/Uni-Bead or Overlap?

cmyoch

Jun 21, 2007
I currently have a 10 year old overlap liner that I'm looking to replace. Should I stick with another overlap or has anyone had success with the J-bead type liner? I have a 27' round AGP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

We had an overlap liner with our small round pool. Easy to adjust, more forgiving if you are in a hurry and cheaper. We have used unibead or jhook for our oval, looks nicer with the IG styles, jhook method is pretty easy as well, or can be used with bead receiver. I like the looks.

I researched a little online and a few places suggest using an overlap. Since this what I currently have, I might as well follow suit. Now it's a matter of finding the best deal online.

Just a suggestion when you go to replace it. Have a good shop vac ready. We replaced my Sis's this weekend and it was a snap using a shop-vac to set it. We had every wrinkle out before we put the first drop of water in it.

Well, I bought an overlap liner from Nationalpoolwarehouse.com and got it installed this weekend. The entire process would have been a snap if my pool had been set properly in it's track. I now know why it looked uneven for the past 10 years. After wrestling with it for 3 hours and suffering from heat exhaustion, I got it corrected. The liner installation was easy with the shop vac. After 3 days of filling off and on with city water, I kicked the pump on last night and we are in business. Now to get the water chemistry in check and diving in!

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question about the liner- we purposely drained our pool last year because we had done such a terrible job getting the liner in that we couldn't clean the bottom of the pool due to the massive wrinkles (we are new at this, lol) I was considering purchasing a j-bead or unibead liner because I thought it might be easier for us to install. But I like what everyone has written about the overlap liners (that's what we already had). That being said, would anyone be so kind as to explain to me how the shop vac makes it easy? We are to the point that we were considering paying a guy $350 to just install the liner but if I could avoid that and do it myself using my shop vac I'd be tickled pink, and so grateful!

Thank you :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.