Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Estimating Gallons/Litres In My IG Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Estimating Gallons/Litres In My IG Pool

I have a pool that has an average dimension of 15x27, but I have 3 different depth levels. The first 4 feet of the pool is 3 feet deep and is 13 feet wide. The next 6 feet is 4 1/2 feet deep and is 14 1/2 feet wide. And then the rest of the pool length is dedicated to the decline towards the deepend and I have a 6ft deep deep-end.

The pool store estimated me having 58,000 Litres or 15,300 Gallons. It's a free-form shaped kidney pool shaped simiarly to this one:

Trying to get a good estimate of how many gallons so I can start doing proper testing in my pool. Also, how does the Taylor K-2006 test kit compare to the TF-100? I'm in Canada and just read in one of my other threas that only the K-2006 is available up here?

27x14x6 IG Salt Water Pool
    Raypak 206 NG Heater
    T-Cell-9 Super Chlorinator
    Hayward Tristar 1/2 HP Pump
    Aqua P4 Logic System w/AquaPod
    Cartridge Filter System

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Estimating Gallons/Litres In My IG Pool

There is a detailed comparison between the test kits in Pool School. The quality is nearly identical but the quantities are larger in the TF100.

You don't need to work out the exact volume. Averaging your depths and going with that is good enough to start with. If over time you get consistently incorrect results you can adjust your pool size estimate as needed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School