New Autofill install, connection question

rv4hess

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 14, 2011
Just received our new Letro Autofill kit. The manual says connect it with a straight 1 1/2 pipe to the pool wall. I've read where people plumb it into the open port in the bottom of the skimmer.
My situation is that we already have liner and water in so adding another return style fitting is a little tricky. The normal fittings need access between the liner and the wall, is there is a fitting that goes straight through the wall and liner?
I do have a skimmer close by with an open bottom port, is there pros and cons to using this vs thru the wall?

Thanks, John

Attachments

• PENT40FW_thumb.jpg
    PENT40FW_thumb.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 155
  • autofill.jpeg
    autofill.jpeg
    968 bytes · Views: 155
Thanks Maj, I can't think of why not use the skimmer, its just that Pentair recommends no 90's or bends in the connection to the pool water.
Instructions say; Install 1-1/2" equalizer pipe. IMPORTANT: Equalizer pipe must be straight, as shown in Figure B. The use of any 45 or 90 degree could cause air lock and void warranty. Use only P.V.C. to A.B.S. joint cement for this application.

I'm with you, less holes in liner is good....
Updates and pictures coming this evening, if I have to stay up all night. Been working a lot lately and my good camera died, so mostly Phone/camera pics. New camera should be here today, but it says the lowest resolution is 1mb. I hate resizing pics, I have poor photo editor, any good ideas on uploading oversized pics?

Thanks, John

It is a static pipe so anywhere air can accumulate, it will. It wouldn't be a good thing to have the thing ever not shut off so... yeah I can see why they would say "don't do it" but as long as you're sure there's no place in the pipe for air to accumulate (accounting for settling, etc.) it should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.