Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Burn mark on the motherboard of AquaRite SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Burn mark on the motherboard of AquaRite SWG

WOW. The problem that jdhgator describes (in this topic, JasonLion) is the identical problem we are having. I can answer some of the problems asked below because we have a friend with another one that is working fine, so we tested parts.

To help clarify-
    System #1 is working fine.
    System #2 is displaying the 2600 ppm for the salt level and no light on for the power.

1- Plugged in system #1's flow sensor and cell into control panel box of system #2 ..... no change---- still displayed 2600 ppm. The "no flow" light flashed red, but then turned off after 20 seconds or so, meaning there was flow now.

2- Put flow sensor #2 into system #1 pipes... plugged it into system #1 and it read the flow and salt level at the same level that sensor #1 did. Then I poured small amount of salt into skimmer... flow sensor #2 read "HI” which meant it was reading the level of salt correctly.

We tried every combination combining systems #1 & #2- including changing the fuse, but it still reads 2600. Unplugged box #2 and took cover off. Saw on the motherboard a small amount of black - appears to possibly be a burn mark on the motherboard.

My question- Is there a way to test the motherboard? or I was thinking of taking my control box (#2) into an authorized repair shop to see what they would charge to test the motherboard. Does anyone else have another idea?

Thanks
    20 X 40 inground gunite. 38,000 gallons, Jacuzzi Dial Valve Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magnum 1000 pump. 40 + yrs in (fairly smooth) operation thanks to cussedness and a tiny bit of hydraulic cement.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Burn mark on the motherboard of AquaRite SWG

Just Googled "Aquarite Repair", 'cause I remember that they use a varistor that fails on occasion, and found this link full of info that you might find useful - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/po...generator.html

Hope it helps!
    22 x 40 IG vinyl lined, 23,570 gal.
    1 hp. Pac-Fab Challenger pump 300# sand filter
    Intex 8110 SWG, Hayward CL220 offline feeder
    Hayward 250K Btu gas heater
    Aquabots

3. Back To Top    #3

I am sorry for not replying sooner. This account and question was set up for a friend.
    I am not sure if he has done this or not yet. That link had some very vaulable information.

I did find a site that has a new motherboard for 275.00.

http://www.saltwaterpoolparts.com/aquar ... board.html

Thanks,
    20 X 40 inground gunite. 38,000 gallons, Jacuzzi Dial Valve Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magnum 1000 pump. 40 + yrs in (fairly smooth) operation thanks to cussedness and a tiny bit of hydraulic cement.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like varistor to me. Any pictures?
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,