Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cheers from British Columbia

1. Back To Top    #1

Cheers from British Columbia

A lurker no more!

Wanted a pool very badly when I was a little kid and, well, the universe has a sense of humour. "Married into" our pool in 1986: my MIL was only too happy to turn over the reins of pool chemistry to me. First thing I did was buy baking soda at the bulk food store and use DowFlake calcium which we normally buy for our family orchard. Saved a bundle and got into her good books at the same time!

25 years later, still at it. Our pool is aging and desperately needs a "cash injection" but we are able to have clean, swimmable water each summer on a shoestring budget. I especially want to thank this site for finally clearing up the mystery of over-stabilization for me. Those mid-to-late August algae blooms, seemingly impervious to shock treatments, always drove me mental. Now I use pucks for half the summer then switch to Cal-Hypo or liquid bleach.

See you poolside!
    20 X 40 inground gunite. 38,000 gallons, Jacuzzi Dial Valve Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magnum 1000 pump. 40 + yrs in (fairly smooth) operation thanks to cussedness and a tiny bit of hydraulic cement.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Cheers from British Columbia

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT