Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another Pristine Blue post....

1. Back To Top    #1

State College,PA

Another Pristine Blue post....

New to the forum and appreciate all the info! We've been using PB going on our 4th year and since reading a lot of info here and elsewhere, we really are considering switching to BBB. Enough so to have my wife tell me to pick up a testing kit this week. We've never had any real trouble with PB (so far) but the fact that knowing it doesn't kill a lot of pathogens has moved us to make the switch. We started it because it came recommended by a friend and also our one sibling was very sensitive to chlorine at a younger age which she seems to have outgrown. Starting to read up at the Pool School. My wife is not excited about the routine of checking the water nightly but understands the other factors involved. Just want to have a safe pool for our kids and the friends. I'll likely be asking alot of silly questions about the initial start up so please be patient....

15x30 AG, 13000 gal
    Sand Filter 22", 1.5hp, Flow/backwash rate 55 gpm

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Another Pristine Blue post....

Welcome to TFP!

You will find that well maintained water in a chlorinated pool is virtually indistinguishable from tap water. It's all about understanding your water and the chemicals you add. Pool School is your friend. Read and ask away!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Also you will get to know your water and we be able set a scedule on checking your water..I do a full scale check every Sunday...Right now just checking clorine every other day..Don't loose much with the cover on..Do what work's for you and main thing is "Don't worry be happy"....
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5
    SouthWest Alabama

Just to reinforce what kplaster is saying, you'll test like crazy the first little while and then you'll become very familiar with your pool and you'll know how often to test and add. I also test with the OTO/pH test every other day and do a FAS-DPD test once a week. I run a full set of tests once a month. It gets really easy once you get the process down.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

San Rafael, CA USA

I test and add chlorine twice a week, but I have a mostly opaque electric safety cover that keeps chlorine demand to <= 1 ppm FC per day. I usually test pH weekly. I rarely need to test CH, TA or CYA -- checking perhaps twice a season.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"