Intex SWG sizing

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
I have a 18' x 33' agp that is only three feet to the waterline and, by my estimate, only holds 11,500 - 12,000 gallons of water. I would like to use one of the Intex SWG units (the ones on Amazon seem to even have a built-in pump?). Are these Intex units capable of chloronating a pool of this size (there is no mention of the 2000 GPH unit on the vendor website let alone capacity specifics. Any other caveats? Thanks all!

The pump on that unit will NOT be adequate for a pool your size - those pumps/with Cart filters are barely adequate for the little Intex pop up pools. Get the stand alone unit and use the Hayward pump or buy something off Craigs List - I had the Intex SWG stand alone on my pool for several seasons some years back and it produced enough chlorination for my pool but just wasn't automated enough for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.