Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think I'm settling in...

1. Back To Top    #1

I think I'm settling in...

Well, I guess this is mostly a "Thank You" post for all the great info I've learned from this site. So far I'm feeling pretty fortunate with how well everything has turned out so far.

For the past 7 or 8 days, the numbers each evening have been the same. Chlorine level showing at 2 or maybe a smidge more. Adding 48 oz of bleach each night has given me the same reading the following night of 2.

Today I ran my 2nd full round of tests with the TFT-100 today and here's the results:

FC-2.5
    CC-.5
    pH-7.5
    TA-60
    CH-320
    CYA-30
    Temp-75 F

The CYA is down a bit, so I'll likely add some more this week (we've had a moderate amount of rain since I added a little a couple weeks ago). My TA is on the low side, but so far running it a bit on the low side seems to help keep my pH in check (before lowering it a bit my pH would regularly drift above 8).

I guess I feel like I'm "there." Pool looks great. Numbers seem pretty good. Thanks to TPF I feel a lot more in control of what's happening and definitely more confident in the ability to handle any potential situations as they arise.
    -11,000 gallon IG gunite, raised spa overflowing to pool
    -Cleaning Pump: Sta-Rite P6E6E-206L
    (runs what I think is a Vantage system; alternating, rotating floor jets)
    -Filter Pump: Jandy FloPro FHPM1.5-2
    -System 3 S8M150 filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I think I'm settling in...

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Glad to see that things have clicked for you. Sure does make enjoying the pool a little easier doesn't it?

4. Back To Top    #4

Indeed it does....lol, my daughter still hasn't gotten used to it yet as everyday she still asks "Is the water safe?"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Cool, a thumbs up from Jason.... nuff said
    -11,000 gallon IG gunite, raised spa overflowing to pool
    -Cleaning Pump: Sta-Rite P6E6E-206L
    (runs what I think is a Vantage system; alternating, rotating floor jets)
    -Filter Pump: Jandy FloPro FHPM1.5-2
    -System 3 S8M150 filter