Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommended FC level..

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommended FC level..

Do I try to match that right in the morning, or do I try to match that level in the evening. Basically just trying to see which reading matters more..
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Recommended FC level..

If you bump your chlorine up at early've got more FC sittin' around at night usually when the pump isn't running. At least it works for me. Just gonna eat it during the day.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Recommended FC level..

The recommended level is a range. One goal is to never go lower than the low end of the range. The lowest FC normally gets is in the early evening, so that is a good time to check to make sure you are not going lower than the low end of the range. The high end of the range is more of a guideline, raise FC to around there in the morning (or the night before) and you should still be able the minimum by evening. But that needs adjusting based on your specific pool, sometimes a little higher sometimes a little lower.

Hope that helps.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School