Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Central Florida here...Just signed our contract, so excited!

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Florida here...Just signed our contract, so excited!

Well, we signed our contract with Blue Marlin Pools in Rockledge, Florida and we are now just waiting for the permit process. Here are some photos and a you tube video of our home and the pool we designed. I will also post what we are doing...

Pool... 15'X28" Concrete in ground pool
    Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 Energy pump
    2- PAL-LED interior lights
    Child Barrier alarms
    Pre-Plumb for pool cleaner
    Nature 2 Water purification system
    Concrete deck with acrylic topping (28'X32' - 11'X14 foot area)
    Large Sunbench with umbrella sleeve (7.5'X11')
    2 Fan Jet water features
    Screen with 3 doors, structural gutter and Mansard Roof on the 11'X14' area.
    1 month free pool service
    and a bunch of other stuff....LOL

Here is the You Tube Video.. its under the last name YOUNG
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Central Florida here...Just signed our contract, so exci

Welcome to TFP! Looks like a nice setup. Be sure to read Pool Schoool and get a jump on the learning process.

3. Back To Top    #3

That is going to be a great looking pool!!!

I just hope the guy in the red shorts is not part of the plan. I don't think he would have a good day being cemented into the deck.....

Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep the pics coming. Looking great.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats! Our quote didn't include the women in bikinis.

We took the plunge last year. Don't get discouraged - the build will take longer than you expect. Good call on the enclosure. It really increases the amount of time we spend outside. Minimal bugs. No leaves or pine straw - just pollen. Just wish we could have made it bigger.

A few things to think about:
    - If you have the money, I'd really consider a SWCG system. Love how the water feels.
    - We decided after reading here not to have them install the Nature 2 system - didn't want extra chemicals.
    - If you are thinking about adding a solar system in the future, ask the PB to expand the equipment pad so the plumbing layout will allow the connections to be added. Our pad plumping runs are rather compact which slightly complicate installation & will drive up the cost for us in a a year or two when we add one.
    30' x 15' kidney shaped, 3.5-5.5 ft deep, wet-mix shotcrete inground, AutoPilot Digital SWG - RC35/22 cell, 36" main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dyna-Pro 1 HP, Sta-Rite 2 (PLM100) filter, Polaris 360 cleaner, Marbletite (Marquis/Bluestone), Screen enclosure

6. Back To Top    #6

Hmmmm.. thanks for the tips TAZ.. I am gonna mention all this to my husband.
    Yep.. he was so excited when he found out that the contract also included the two women in bikinis..

7. Back To Top    #7

I second Taz. Go with SWG and make sure the pump equipment pad is big incase you want to add a heat pump and solar. Also get as much as space possible. We have 1600 sq ft under the screen and we wish it was bigger. Plan to have your summer kitchen under the screen if possible and put in lots of electrical outlets and water spickets both inside and outside the screen. Put in a double screen door too.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

8. Back To Top    #8

Good luck with the build. Good advice above. Keep us posted and don't be afraid to ask questions/post pics as the build progresses.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

9. Back To Top    #9

The construction guy came yesterday to look at my yard. Told me that I would have to take down my gates and two panels of my fence. Also that I have to move or remove a fruit tree in my yard and also reroute my sprinklers. I pretty much already knew that. I have been calling irrigation peeps for over a week and either they do not call me back or do not show up . Dont they want to make money? I know that we can move them ourselves but honestly, we do not want to deal with it and do not know which way the lines run. I have a guy who said that he will come by tonight. I hope he really shows up.

10. Back To Top    #10

I discovered - after the fact - that the control wires from the irrigation timer/control box in the garage (front yard) and several irrigation lines ran right in front of across the concrete patio where the digging began. Since the backflow preventer and the valve box were located in the backyard, any chance of running the sprinklers anywhere was lost.

You may need to cap portions of your system at the manifold so you can salvage some of your lawn. You may get additional relies if you contact several landscaping firms with the idea of having them rebuild the system & resod (& maybe even do some landscape design around the pool).

Good luck!!!
    30' x 15' kidney shaped, 3.5-5.5 ft deep, wet-mix shotcrete inground, AutoPilot Digital SWG - RC35/22 cell, 36" main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dyna-Pro 1 HP, Sta-Rite 2 (PLM100) filter, Polaris 360 cleaner, Marbletite (Marquis/Bluestone), Screen enclosure

11. Back To Top    #11

blue marlin installed our pool in 2003 ... can't say enough great things about them. you won't be sorry!
    25,500 gallons - IG w/built-in spa
    AquaPure 1400 SWG
    Hayward DE 6020 Filter
    Pebble Sheen
    Hayward H400 Heater

12. Back To Top    #12

Woke up this morning at 8am to the doorbell. Could not figure out who in the heck was here this early in the morning. I was pretty groggy since I just got back from a trip to Milwaukee and had no sleep the entire trip. It was the pool people! They are here to lay out my pool and then either tomorrow (doubtful) or on Thursday they are going to start digging. I am a little bummed that I will not be here on Thursday to watch them dig. I have to work all day. I really wanted to take photos, but I will take some when I get home of my hole...haha! The process has started.. woot woot!

13. Back To Top    #13

[attachment=0:2fm2iprx]exca2.jpg[/attachment:2fm2iprx]

Well, our first snafu happened. Our dig date was this past Thursday and on Wed the gas company came out to mark the gas lines. Guess what.. our gas lines run about a third of the way into our yard. Right through part of our new pool. They had to postpone the dig date and we went in on Friday to move the pool around a bit to accomadate the gas lines.. argggg

We are now losing about 6 inches of our decking near the house but they said that the outside decking can go over the gas pipes. I posted photos and you can see the yellow flags where our gas line runs.
    Isnt the gas lines normally suppose to run along your easement?

Man I hope they dont hit those lines when they start the dig.
    They are coming over on Monday morning to re-draw the layout and then hopefully they will tell me Monday that they are digging that same week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Back To Top    #14

Still waiting for them to tell me my new dig date...I am starting to get a little impatient, but honestly... that's not unusual for me.

15. Back To Top    #15

Oh.. they just called me and told me that they will be digging this Thursday... hmmmmmm. Guess I gotta see it to believe it.

16. Back To Top    #16

I feel your pain, our electric line ran right on the edge of our deep end- (we start digging this thursday as well!) we were lucky enough to be able to coordinate moving it prior to the dig, although such a pain. The way our patio is though we couldnt move the pool with out things looking a little wopper jawed lol... GOOD LUCK!! Cant wait to see pictures!!!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

17. Back To Top    #17

Is it Thursday yet?

Just pulling your leg a little - my pool has only been in a year and I can still clearly remember every anxious moment.

Good luck on the upcoming, but temporary, disaster site in the back yard - remember post pics!
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

18. Back To Top    #18

Good luck with your pool build. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
    15,000 gallon in ground free form pool (500 sq ft) with waterfall, 4x160 Intelliflo Pump, IntelliChlor IC40,
    Rheem Heat Pump with cooling, Cartridge Filter, Quartz WhiteGem Finish, Auto leveler, Pavers.
    My Pool Build

19. Back To Top    #19

Well, the hole was dug yesterday and they even started on some of the plumbing. They are here right now getting ready to re-bar. They said they will have all that finished today and then we are scheduled for our first inspection on Monday. They said they should be ready to blow the gunite on either Tuesday or Wed. I am hoping it will be Tuesday so I can watch.
    I took lots of photos so I will post them this afternoon!

20. Back To Top    #20

Good luck! That part of our build moved very fast. The dig, rebar, rough plumb, shotcrete took less than a week for us now it is moving slowly. We are 3 weeks into it and they just started tiling and coping. They said we would be swimming by the 4 th of July but I doubt it since we still need to do full plumbing, equipment, decking and pebble finish. I just cant wait until its completed!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast