Flocculant

Apr 4, 2010
Just got open water 77 got in vacuumed pool looks great chlorine around 4or 5 ppm but still a little cloudy.i know better than to ask a ? with out all the numbers but do any of you use a clarifer or flocculant or just BBB

In short, no we don't recommend either floc or clarifier. Make sure that you have enough FC for your CYA level, run the pump, brush, and clean the filter cartridges as needed. Lastly, be patient. It will clear if you follow what we suggest to do in Pool School. :goodjob:

I've used a clarifier in the past. They work pretty well, at least for me. However, you really need to know when potentially use one and when not too. I use it sometimes to get rid of smaller particles. My sand filter is a little small so I give it a boost here and there. I would never use a flocculant. Too big of a chance for a mess.
If you use a clarifier, only use the recommended amount on the bottle. Dont over dose it.

I used to use clarifier all the time, because that is what the pool store told me to do. And it never once helps at all. Clarifier is kind of mysterious, it frequently won't work, but when it does work it almost magically clears the water up in a few hours. In nearly every case, the filter will also clear the water up, just more slowly, so I ended up deciding that clarifier wasn't worth spending money on.

thanks much I need to get the kit out and check the CYA was 50 last year and all I use is BBB I have ordered a new cartridge this one is a year old and I'v cleaned it a few timesjust wanted to get pretty before I put the new one in.Thanks again will test tomorrow good season to all

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.