Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: where does this bolt go?

1. Back To Top    #1

where does this bolt go?

I'm opening my pool for the second time and I used a different company last fall for closing the pool. This company removed more bolts/handles than the last one and I figured out where they all went with the exception of one. unfortunately, i don't have my camera handy, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out where it goes without a picture for now. It's has a hexagon head and the head and the screw part are both approx. one centimeter in diameter. It's coated in black rubber. We have an inground gunite pool, with a booster pump, de filter, chlorinator, and heater. This bolt was stored in the pump basket with all the handles for turning on/off the returns, main drain, water fall, the bolts that help drain the pump basket area and the bolt that (i think) drains the tri-chlor chlorinator. We looked and couldn't find any other 'hole' that needed a screw. any ideas? i'll post a picture as soon as I can get my hands on my camera.

thanks so much..
    25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: where does this bolt go?

Got the camera
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks like a drain plug from a pump basket.

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks like the drain plug to the PB4 Booster Pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks a bunch! it was the PB4 pump.. now I just need to find a way to tighten it to stop it from leaking..

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like somebody has used silicon RTV on it in the past. You might try teflon tape on the threads or pipe dope labelled for plastic use. I assume that isn't supposed to have an O-ring.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #7

great..i will pick up some tape..
    thanks again for all the help!
    patty