It has been several years since we've opened our pool and we've run into a problem. There used to be the following pictures setup and working, but it seems the wires have been completely torn over the past several years. Would any of this be salvageable and if so, would I just explain the situation to an electrician? I'm extremely unaware of how those outlets work and I have no idea if there's supposed to be a long wire running to the house or what is involved here. Any starting pointers would be greatly appreciated.
In the mean time, you can see in the fourth picture we just have a heavy duty extension cord running the pump until we figure something out. No one is currently swimming in it, but just maintaining the water flow every so often. Would it be possible to just throw a portable GFCI outlet on the extension cord instead?
My Pool: Above ground 32x16, sand filter, 1.5 HP and 115V pump.