I have roughly a 20-22k gallon pool that has a PCC 2000 system. I bought the house with this pool and system already installed. I have had trouble the past couple of months determining if the system is working correctly. The valves do not seem to be rotating at all. There is a lot of dust/dirt on the bottom of the pool that will not go away. It just doesn't seem to be cleaning very well. Below are the details.
1. The pool is about 6-7 years old. I have owned the house for 1 year.
2. Pump PSI is about 25-30 at all times. To include after cleaning the filters etc. Sometimes a bit higher until I clean the filters again.
3. The Pump is on the opposite side of the house from the pool. Between 80-100 feet away from the pool.
4. The pump is a 3 HP pump.
5. Currently the valve for the skimmer vs the drain is set to about 60% drain and 40% skimmer.
6. This is a chlorine pool.
7. I have a spa that is connected to the pool and runs on the same system.
This has the PCC 2000 in-floor system. It runs both the pool and spa. As far as I can tell it is a 9 port system. This is based on some old diagrams I have found. Below are some of the issues I am having.
1. Some of the valves seem to float at times.
2. Some of the valves seem to never go down.
3. There does not seem to be a lot of pressure out of some of the valves at times as well.
4. The rotating heads never rotate.
5. I don't notice anything coming out of the valves that are on the walls of the pool ever.
I have attached a picture of my valves/ports. There is one valve on the system that I am not sure is even set properly. I can hear the system running and the gears turning but am not aware of what is happing or if they are receiving enough flow to get the whole thing to work. Both Port Housings are set to "RUN" not "Pause." The valve that I am referring to seems to be fully open.
Any thoughts or help to see if this is even working as advertised or not?