Problem with DIG 220

May 22, 2011
Rookie here- not to owning the pool but to trying to self address some maintenance issues. I'm on a 7 year old DIG 220, I've replaced the cell once about 4 years ago and the control panel about 3 years ago. Have had Low Amp- Cell? message since late last summer so I went all winter (Orlando Florida) using manual feed chlorine rather than replace the cell going into off season( disconnected the system so it wouldn't run at all) .

Now I'm trouble shooting the system and am perplexed. Cell looks relatively good. No scale buildup that I can see. I scrolled through menus and saw that the system was set up for wrong cell- it was on 48 as opposed to 36 which I have so I changed that. Brought salt up to about 3600 and am still getting the same error. I tried to boost and then to force reverse and no new outcomes.

Manual says that power supply could be my issue if it's not the cell. Is there a good way to check either of these?

Assuming I need to replace cell I saw a generic on the market for just under $200, wonder if anyone has tried that or has perspective??

Thanks in advance- I'm not much of a DIY guy so I'm looking forward to learning more from this forum

They are fairly new, so we don't know much yet. I've heard two complaints and several "mine works fine". Remember that using a generic cell replacement voids your warranty (if you have any warranty left).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.